One form of art is music, music is something that affects everyone, and it has such a huge impact on everyone’s life. I am a musician and I play the flute in both the schools marching and concert band, I really am passionate about it, and its something that I want to major in college. I was really frustrated on how I can have a career with music, while being able to support myself. I started researching different jobs, and I came across music therapy. I started doing research on it, and I finally figured what I can do with a music career. Music therapy would be the perfect job for me; I can help people by playing music, on my flute. Musical therapy is a great alternative to conventional treatment; it uses music to address physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of individuals. Musical therapists also use music to rehabilitate people and to ease anxiety of their patients. The American Music Therapy Association says "that music can promote the wellness and quality of life for people of all ages, but especially help improve wellness among individuals with disabilities or disease." They also state "that music therapy can help reduce pain and the symptoms that are induced by chemotherapy, helping reduce pain, anxiety, and nausea." Also in clinical trials, it is evident, that patients undergoing music therapy have reduced high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, depression, and sleeplessness.
I find it absolutely amazing how music has the ability to synchronize brain waves and aid in the neural patterns that involve in complex behavior such as walking or running. I am interested in music therapy, because music has affected my life, and now I want to share it with other people, especially if it is beneficial for their health.



No comments:
Post a Comment